This is called 糖醋排骨 in Chinese and is a seemingly difficult dish that is surprisingly easy and fast to cook using the Thermomix. My dish was done in all but 30 minutes! I took my ribs out to defrost overnight and marinated them in the same sauce I will cook them in before I leave the house in the morning. This recipe is the healthier version as there is no need to deep fry the ribs before cooking. Of course, its optional but I find the taste good enough.
The sauce particularly is so good with rice that I broke my no rice rule for dinner! The entire dish was devoured very quickly by the kids.
I realised as I was uploading my photos that the dish does not look particularly appetising on photo since everything is dark brown. Or it must be my photo-taking skills, Anyhow, the taste is good and it is a one pot main that goes superbly well with hot steaming rice. Getting a main done in 30 minutes works for me as I can literally get this cooking once I reach home straight from the fridge to the Thermomix and let it cook while I shower. These are times when I really appreciate technology and how clever appliances like the Thermomix can make life easier and healthier (hey the ribs did not need to be fried).
Update 13 Oct 2016
A better picture from today's cooking session.
- Oil 20g
- Ginger slices 10g
- Garlic 2 cloves chopped
- Ribs 500g
- Rock Sugar 50g
- Cooking wine (Shaoxing) 30g
- Vinegar 40-50g
- Soy sauce 1TBSP
- Dark soy sauce 1TBSP
Directions <Thermomix directions>
- Pre-marinate the ribs with all the ingredients except vinegar, oil, garlic and ginger
- Chop the garlic in the Thermomix <5sec, speed 5>
- Saute the ginger and garlic in the oil <3min, 120 degree speed 1>
- Add the pre-marinated ingredients
- Cook <Varoma Reversed stir speed 25-30min>
- Serve hot with rice
- 20g 油
- 10g 姜 切片
- 500g 排骨
- 50g 冰糖
- 30g 酒 (绍兴)
- 50g 黑醋
- 15g 生抽
- 15g 老抽
暗 : 也可以用鸡腿肉取代
- 把姜和油放入主锅， 爆香 (MC, 3分钟, 120度, 速度1)
- 将排骨, 糖, 酒, 醋, 生抽, 老抽, 都放入主锅煮 (MC, 25分钟, varoma, 逆转, 汤匙温和搅拌)
Share this post