Making your own fishballs is surprisingly easier than most thought. It is literally a 10 minute effort to knead the fishball dough and plonking them into soup to cook them. My fishballs may not be pretty and symmetrical, however, the testimonials from my tasters have been quite positive 😙.
Fishballs notoriously contain MSG and other dubious ingredients. These homemade fishballs are made of real fish, and are definitely healthier and tastier. It always feel good to feed my family healthier food - as the quality of the food we eat defines our health.
The trick is to buy fresh catch at the supermarket (in these pictures, I used the batang fish), slice them thinly and freeze them in a single layer overnight in the freezer with the slices lying flat in a ziplock. To make the fishballs, mince the frozen fish with some tapioca starch then knead. It's literally a 15 minute quick and easy meal.
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 500g fish (bones and skin removed) (I'd use any fresh catch of the day)
- 20g cooking oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 20g tapioca starch
- 1 egg white (30g)
- 2 tsp stock powder (I usually use toasted dried sole fish milled by the Thermomix)
- 800g water
- Spring onion/coriander (garnishing)
Directions <Thermomix directions>
- Place the frozen fish pieces into the thermomix <chop 30 sec, speed 8>
- Add salt, pepper, oil, tapioca starch, egg white, stock powder <knead 5 min> until the paste texture is smooth and fine
- Prepare a bowl of ice water
- Wet hands, scoop fish paste out of the mixing bowl using the thumb and shape hand into a fist with the fish paste inside. Squeeze the mixture out of the top of your fist to form a "ball" shape.
- Drop each fish ball into the icy water
- Pour the 800g water into the mixing bowl with the remaining stock powder <Cook 8 min, 100-deg, speed 2>
- Add the fish balls and cook them with the Thermomix simmering basket, <cook for 5min, 100-deg, speed 1>
- Transfer into serving bowls, add garnishes and serve hot
#Thermomix #ThermomixSG #BuyThermomixSG #ThermomixRecipes #ThermomixTM5
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: fast meals recipes, fishball recipe, healthy recipes, homemade fishball recipe, how to make fishballs at home, quick 15 min meal recipe, thermomix 15 min meals, thermomix fishball, thermomix quick recipes, thermomix review, thermomix tm5, where to buy thermomix in singapore, where to buy thermomix tm5