This is the most versatile pantry basic that every kitchen MUST HAVE. Because the soup stock paste can be added into any dish that has gravy or soup to enhance the overall taste and flavour.
Check out how to make a fuss-free noodle soup (bak chou soup style) using this soup stock in 10 minutes.
By the way, the soup stock paste in nice glass mason jars, make excellent healthy and thoughtful gifts.
Ingredients (1 chicken yields about 1 jar)
- 1-2 shredded chicken (can be other types of meat or fish) with bones removed
- Onion, carrots, capsicum, mushrooms, tomatoes, and whatever vegetables and herbs I can find in my fridge
- 1/4-1/2 cup sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking Wine/White wine/Shaoxing
Directions <Thermomix directions>
- Line the chicken and vegetables on an aluminium sheet lined baking tray
- Place in oven to cook and dehydrate the ingredients at about 140-160 degree celcius for about 2 hours (check your oven, some ovens burn faster, we do not want the meat and veggie to turn black)
- When the ingredients are sufficiently dehydrated, remove and place into your blender to mince until paste like mixture <speed 8 / 100 degree / 5 minutes>
- Add wine, pepper and salt <speed 5 / 100 degree / 3 min>
- Scoop the paste to store in glass jar(s)
- This can keep approximately one month in the fridge and months if frozen in the freezer
Powder stock (Directions)
- Dehydrate the ingredients in a dehydrator or bake in the oven until very dry (adjust heat lower to prevent burning more longer period)
- Spread the chicken stock paste thinly on a baking sheet atop the baking tray
- Low temperature bake until the mixture dries ~ 100 degree
- when the paste becomes dry and crusty, remove from the oven
- Once cooled, break the crust and place in the Thermomix to pulverise until powder
- This can store longer in the fridge if sufficient salt is added as natural preservative
- Add 1/2 tsp into regular stir fry, 2 TBSP for steamboat, 1 TBSP when cooking soup noodle, 1-2 tsp to season chicken rice
I have gone on to make all sorts of other soup stock paste and powders to add variety to my cooking. The easiest is to dry toast bonito, dried shrimp and dried sole then grind with some salt in the Thermomix turbo twice into powder.
#Thermomix #ThermomixSG #BuyThermomixSG #ThermomixRecipes #ThermomixTM5 #WheretoBuyThermomixSingapore #ThermomixSingaporeReviews
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: chicken stock recipe, DIY chicken soup stock, homecook food, homecook food ideas, homemade diy chicken soup stock paste, how to make thermomix chicken stock powder, soup noodles in 10 minutes, thermomix chicken soup stock paste recipe, thermomix chicken stock powder, thermomix recipe, Thermomix review