I always have a jar of chicken stock paste in my fridge. I use the stock paste for daily cooking, as a soup base for steamboat, enhances the taste of any dishes with gravy, a super versatile must-have in every kitchen....at least in my opinion. The soup stock paste comes in especially handy when the kids are suddenly demanding for supper and I need to whip up food to feed the hungry family very quickly.
Tonight, soup noodles was requested again by the DH. Here's how you can get soup noodles that's nutritious and yummy on the table in 10 minutes. Literally. And effortlessly.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Minced meat marinated with sesame oil and fish sauce and dash of corn starch
- 1 pack of non-fried plain noodles
- Minced garlic and shallots about 1 each
- Spring onion
- Chopped chilli padi
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP Chicken stock paste
- Dash of pepper, shaoxing (optional)
- Cooking oil
- Heat up oil and saute the garlic and shallot until fragrant
- Add water and stock paste
- When the soup boils, add the noodles
- Scoop out the noodles when it is almost cooked into a bowl and set aside
- Add egg, minced meat and seasoning into the soup
- Scoop the minced meat and egg on top of noodles and add the strained soup on the noodles
- Garnish with chilli, spring onion and serve hot
You can variate by adding slices of soy sauce braised meat on your noodles or bee hoon or macaroni soup too.
Add 1 TSP organic miso paste and reduce chicken stock paste by 1/2 to make Japanese style ramen. Top with your sliced braised meat.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: easy soup noodle recipe, homecook food, homecook food ideas, minced pork soup noodles, soup noodle recipe, soup noodles in 10 minutes