While shopping for my lunch at IMM, I suddenly had the idea to try floss bun when I walked past the bak kwa shop. I bought a pack of floss and thought the basic bread recipe might just work with the mayonnaise I made the night before.
I usually half my recipes and only make what we can finish in one day so that our bread can be consumed fresh and it is quite convenient for daily bake anyway.
The result was better than expected, the kids and the man loved the buns - half were gone before the night was over :-) yeah !
Here we go..
- 250g bakers flour
- 150g lukewarm water (or set your mixer at 37 degree celcius)
- 5g yeast
- Some salt about 2.5g for taste
- 10g olive oil
- Mayonnaise (click for homemade recipe)
- Add water, yeast, flour, oil, salt into your bread mixer or 5sec, speed 7 on the thermomix
- Then knead the dough for a few minutes using your bread mixer or by hand or 2 min using the thermomix
- Divide the dough into small balls
- Place them into the oven set at 50 degree celcius to slowly proof for at least one hour (I let mine sit there for 2 hours)
- Then bake for about 25min at 170 degree
- Halfway through brush egg wash on top of the buns
- Once they are done, cut a slit in the middle, spread some mayo into the slit and on top of the slit on the bun
- Place floss into the slit and on top of the bun
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: baking, floss bun recipe, homemade mayonnaise, how to make, mayonnaise recipe, thermomix, thermomix mayonnaise, thermomix recipe