Mostly because I made too much cream cheese frosting from the day before's birthday cake for daddy, I made some basic sponge cake mixture to make eggy spongy cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients (sponge cake/cupcake)
- 3 large eggs
- Butter at room temperature
- caster sugar (we use muscovado sugar so our sponge is a little browner in colour)
- Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
Directions (sponge cake/cupcake)
- Weigh the eggs on the TM lid, note the weight, then crack them into the bowl. Beat a few seconds/Speed 5.
- Weigh in exactly the same weight of sugar and butter as the weight of the eggs, i.e., if the eggs weigh 180 g, weigh in 180 g of each. Add the vanilla to the TM bowl and mix 10 seconds/Speed 7.
- Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl with the spatula. Weigh in the “egg weight” of flour and add the baking powder. Mix 1 ½ minutes/Speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl with the spatula. Mix a few seconds/Speed 5.
- Place the TM bowl back on the machine and run 5 seconds/Speed 5
- Bake at 180-C for about 25 minutes to 35 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack
Ingredients (Cream cheese frosting)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 55 g butter, softened
- 125 g sifted icing sugar (we use muscovado sugar so our frosting is off-white in colour)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
Directions (Cream cheese frosting)
- In the thermomix bowl, cream together (20sec speed 4) the cream cheese and butter until creamy
- Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the icing sugar (20 sec speed 4).
- Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes
- You can decorate the piped frosting with chocolate chips/butttons/or sprinkles like what Sherine did
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: baking recipes for children, cheese frosting recipe, Cupcake recipes, recipes for children, thermomix cream cheese frosting, theromomix cupcake