It was decided by the kids during dinner last night to bake muffins and cupcakes for supper and breakfast. We found two simple recipes to challenge the kids. The cupcakes turn out very soft and nicer than the muffins.
We took the cupcake recipe from beafunmum and modified a bit and the muffin recipe from Thermomix's Everyday cooking recipe book.
The kids had a lot of fun making kaya, chocolate, raisin, peanut butter, cream cheese variations of the muffins and cupcakes. What we did was to pour half the batter then scoop in whatever ingredient we wanted, then top up the batter and decorate with a 1cm cube size of whatever ingredient we put inside the batter.
Cupcake recipe (Courtesy of beafunmum)
Ingredients (we made about 9 cupcakes)
- 170g white sugar (we used 110g of molasses)
- 125 grams butter (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 120 ml milk
- 260g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- Add sugar and butter to the bowl. Mix on speed 9 for 10 secs. Then add the butterfly and mix on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
- Tip: If you need to soften the butter, use 37 degree on speed soft for a minute before adding the sugar.
- Remove butterfly and scrape down sides of the bowl with a spatular. Add eggs, vanilla and milk and mix on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- Add flour and salt and mix on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
- Divide into cupcake cases
- Cook in a 170°C oven for 15 minutes or until slightly golden on top and the cakes spring back to touch.
Ingredients (we made about 6 muffins)
- 80g self raising flour
- 75g wholemeal flour
- 90 ml milk
- 60g molasses (recipe called for 75g raw sugar)
- 1 egg
- 35g oil
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl and mix 40sec on speed 4-5
- Spoon into muffin tins or bake cups and bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 min or until golden brown
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: buy thermomix singapore, east thermomix recipe, homemade cupcakes, homemade muffins, thermomix cupcake recipe, thermomix cupcakes, thermomix muffin recipe, thermomix recipe